There are some sentences that make me cringe every time I hear them in fitness classes. They say something like, “Leave it all on the floor!” or “Go all the way, it’s THISAs if a particular workout is a pivotal, all-encompassing, life-defining moment. As if your destiny is also to complete one more burpee.
I hope you see where I’m coming from. There are lots of reasons not to force yourself in each training session. For one it is will not result in the “biggest wins”. Every body needs rest and yours is no exception. It is perhaps mainly hot outside, in which case taking it easy is a particularly good idea. Maybe you have a hangover, tirednessor stressing about something unrelated to you that is draining your energy.
Or maybe my favorite reason: maybe you’re just not in the mood to “go hard”. If that sounds like you, I have the perfect playlist. The songs feature smooth beats, pop throwbacks and relaxed remixes with tempos that will help you move to the right beat. As with the last playlist i made, there’s an order here (the first and last songs are especially relaxing), but you don’t have to play everything in order (or practice for the whole playlist). You can play the songs via the Spotify integration below or keep scrolling through the full track list.
What makes a workout relaxing may be different for everyone. This could mean reducing the volume of your effort – fewer reps, fewer rounds of a circuit – or it could mean increasing your rest time between sets or dropping your weights altogether. Other options could be a slow flow yoga classlong walk or light jogging. Whatever you are feeling, I hope you enjoy your day of light movement. Know that you have earned it.
The full playlist:
- “Good News” by Mac Miller
- “Stay” – Petit Biscuit Remix by Zedd and Alessia Cara
- “Back to My Bed” door Elderbrook
- “Slow Song” by The Knocks, Dragonette
- “Water” by Ra Ra Riot, Rostam
- “Forever” – Remix by HAIM, Prins Thomas, Lindstrøm
- “Feel It Still” Medasin Remix by Portugal. Man, Medasin
- “One Hundred Miles” by Yall, Gabriela Richardson
- “Be Your Daughter” by Teedra Moses, KAYTRANADA
- “Mon Amour” – Remix by zzoilo, Aitana
- “Late Night Talking” door Harry Styles
- “If We Never Met” – Remix by John K, Sigala
- “I Feel It Coming” by The Weekend, Daft Punk
- “Hard to Hold” by RAC, Tegan and Sara
- “Oh la la” by Goldfrapp
- “Freelance” by Toro y Moi
- “Lisztomania” by Phoenix
- “In the Air” by Ten Fé
- “Breathe” by Télépopmusik, Angela McCluskey
- “Honest” – Realistic Remix by The Chainsmokers, Lifelike
- “Cool Kids” – RAC Mix by Echosmith, RAC
- “All My Friends” by LCD Soundsystem
- “Brace” by Twin Shadow, Rainsford
- “80s Comedown Machine” by The Strokes