For immediate release
ALA Committee on the Status of Women in Librarianship (COSWL) will present a free webinar “Women in Librarianship and Wellbeing” on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 2:00 p.m. (ET)/1:00 p.m. (Central). Register now.
Recent natural and man-made crises around the world have had a significant impact on the well-being of library workers. Join the ALA Committee on the Status of Women in Librarianship for a lively conversation with library leaders sharing recommendations and best practices on how we can foster wellness for ourselves and for others. The format includes a fast-paced series of brief speaker presentations and a Q&A session.
- Emily Drabinski, soon-to-be ALA president-elect, and chief librarian at the Graduate Center, City University of New York
- Shauntee Simpson, chair of the American Library Association’s Black Caucus and head of school outreach at the New York Public Library
- Cindy Hohl, former president of the American Indian Library Association and director of operations for the Kansas City Public Library Branch
- Robin Kear, Faculty Librarian, Chair of the University Senate, University of Pittsburgh
- Moderator: Loida Garcia-Febo, COSWL President, 2018-2019 ALA President and International Library Consultant
Register now. Space is limited. This webinar will be recorded and made available to registrants who may not be able to attend the live event.
ALA Office of Human Resources Development and Recruitment (HRDR) liaises with ALA Committee on the Status of Women in Librarianship (COSWL).